COVID-19 - Community Talk
In these uncertain times, we are all bombarded with information regarding COVID-19, which is why we wanted to take a minute and speak to the community to let you know about the decisions made by Horse Reality and how we are helping to stop the spread of this virus and reduce anxiety.
Most importantly, the health, well-being, and safety of our community and staff is paramount to us. All of our staff are working from home, taking preventative measures and also practising social distancing by staying in.
With schools and non-essential businesses closing in certain parts of the world, many users may find themselves with a lot of free time on their hands. We ask that if you are sitting at the computer for a long time—possibly playing HR—please take the occasional small walk around your space and give yourself a good stretch. Be sure to keep yourself hydrated as well!
Because of COVID-19, we are all in an exceptional situation, which requires unique measures. Plenty of people play games to socialize, as well as to “forget” the troubles of real life for a bit. This gets more difficult every day seeing the current situation. We are adding a new Discord channel today, called #covid-19. You will be able to “mute” the channel, allowing you to socialize without the subject popping up in general chat. If you want to talk or vent about the subject, you can do so in said channel.
We ask, that no jokes be made about the subject or anything that could spread any misinformation or add to anyone’s anxiety. We want to make sure Horse Reality remains a safe space for everyone. We know this may seem like a drastic measure and that some people may feel better by making jokes, but our primary concern is making users feel welcomed and protected when they come to Horse Reality. 💖
Some tips and information from the World Health Organization (further information here):
- Always check the sources of information relating to COVID-19. Make sure credible sources are also sharing the same information. Viral posts are not always fact, avoid spreading rumours!
- Follow the advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- People of all ages can be infected by COVID-19. Older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions are more prone to becoming severely ill.
- COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in all areas, regardless of cold or hot temperatures, humidity or dryness, etc.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Practice social distancing! Avoid close contact, spitting in public, touching other’s hands and faces and other physical contacts when greeting someone, and if your local area is recommended to stay at home, do so unless absolutely necessary.
Let us all take care to limit the spread of the virus, support one another, and let’s try to return to a normal rhythm of life!
P.S. We are aware some of you are eager to know about our plans now we added the V2 login area. We expect to inform you on this matter within the next two weeks.